I like to think that whe was starting to get Bobby. I also have this scenario in my head where part of the reason that Bobby gets reinstated (twice) is because he does have people who like him or at least owe him in the NYPD. And I like to think Bishop might be one of those people.
I thought I saw a fatherly attitude towards Bishop on Deakins' part. I wonder if she might have been the daughter of a cop that Deakins knew.
I don't think Bobby treated her fairly or that we did, but I think Eames and Deakins did.
She was in a near impossible situation. I think by Sound Bodies and Murderer Among Us you see them start to gel; Stray too, a very unsung episode.
She could be a bit prissy, but I liked that she was more girly than Eames, and still effective.
I bet she is a lieutenant who got sidetracked by two kids
I agree, except I don't think she was more girly than Eames. It was an impossible situation for her, and I know I wasn't fair. In retrospect, I kinda feel sorry for her. She wanted to win Bobby's respect and "bond" as a partner with him, but he missed Eames so much that he didn't appreciate Bishop's skills as a detective.
I kinda of liked her. I think they should have given her a little more personality. As a replacement she did okay. She was in a no win situation. Bobby didn't always treat Eames fairly if you think about it.
Post by alliehalliwell on Sept 3, 2011 21:56:42 GMT -5
To be honest, I TRIED to like her at the start but it just didn't happen. I was giving her a fair chance as I knew Eames would be back and it wasn't a big deal for me. But I just didn't like her.
Goren's character I felt he didn't give her much of a chance until the very end but he saw it and seemed to feel bad. Though, I think Deakins tried to treat her like any of his detectives.
I didn't like her, neither did my mom, and sister. I remember talking about it once and the reasons we didn't like her were:
1) Bad fashion sense (from the ponytail to the stripped pants...) - superficial I know but it was a little annoying to keep having to look at.
2) How she jumped right in and tried to do her own thing and take over when she WASN'T in charge and didn't even seem to know what was going on. It's like she was trying to outdo Goren at the beginning rather than work with him.
3) After trying to take the lead she does the whole follow Goren puppy dog routine. It's like the writers didn't know what to do with her - have her being aggressive or passive.
4) When she was confused by Goren she didn't do anything to help understand, she just gave an annoyed eyeroll or stare (this happened a couple times). It felt like she wasn't trying to understand and just put her time in.
5) Last but not least, she didn't seem to have much personality.